Sunday 28 March 2010

Jigsaw pieces


So I've been getting good and messy this weekend. Totally and unashamedly inspired by LindaE's fabulous beer mats and in the absence of any beer mats. I want a decoration for my, soon to be wallpapered in white, bedroom wall. I thought of using the 12 x 12 jiggy done by lots of UK Scrappers ladies as part of a swap, and though it is truly gorgeous it is not quite what I wanted.





So out came my spare blank jiggy and along with Linda's inpiration I made this. I inked the piece all over using Fired Brick Distress ink pad, stamped with a cradfty individuals text stamp, coloured the metal butterfly with alocohol inks and used rock candy crackle paint (not very sucessfully) over the text stamping.








And then spurred on by this weeks Sunday Stamper challenge along came this.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous piece, thanks for joining in with the challenge :O))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job! Love the tone on tone design too.
    Thanks for posting on my blog during the Zutter Zisters Blog Hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the work you have been doing on your blog....but the jigsaw pieces are gorgeous love the birds and butterflies - really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely piece! Love the bird!

    ReplyDelete